Help LRBT give the gift of sight to needy children in Pakistan
LRBT is committed to creating a better Pakistan by preventing the suffering caused by blindness and other eye ailments. LRBT’s mission “No man, woman or child should go blind simply because they cannot afford the treatment”.
26 million people in Pakistan suffer from visual impairment out of which over 3 million are children. LRBT is their only hope to bring them out of darkness.
Over 3 million children in Pakistan suffer from blindness or visual impairment
- Blindness is a misfortune in itself but childhood blindness is a bigger tragedy.
- Upon growing up they are a burden on their families as other members become less productive since they have to act as caregivers.
- Access to basic education & acquisition of skills is limited so their chances of being employed are slim at best.
- Fortunately 90% of Blindness is curable. Restoring vision of these poor blind children opens up unlimited opportunities for them: they can study, learn skills, reach their full potential and become productive income generating adults.
- They would be able to lead a normal life, get married and support their families instead of becoming a burden on their parents & siblings.
- Sponsoring their surgeries would not only restore their vision but change their lives turning them into productive individuals of the society.
Conducting major eyesight restoration surgeries for children at Korangi Tertiary Teaching Hospital in Karachi. LRBT has a wide network of hospitals with state of the art facilities. Spread all over Pakistan with its 75 facilities comprising 19 hospitals and 56 eye centers, LRBT ensures that no one is more than a 3 hour bus ride from one of their facilities. The mission being that no man, woman or child should go blind simply because they cannot afford the treatment. 673 poor, helpless and needy children would have their sight restored through this project and become productive and useful members of society.
Restoring the eyesight of these children will not only return them to being productive and active members of society but will also help them get better earning opportunities and lead their family to achieving a better economic status.
LRBT is OBAT Canada’s agent in Pakistan for eyesight restoration surgeries. www.lrbfoundation.ca
Ramadan donations are taken as zakat unless specified. OBAT Canada will issue tax receipts for donations made in Canada.