Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create OBAT Canada social media accounts
- Work with Executive Director to enhance social media strategy for OBAT Canada
- Increase followers on social websites such as Facebook, Twitter and especially Instagram
- Write articles, news releases, and alerts as necessary and appropriate
- Market various organizational happenings such as programs, events, fundraisers, volunteer opportunities, internship opportunities, and ways to give financially on sites
Public Relations, Partnerships and Outreach
- Devise creative guerilla marketing PR strategies
- Post events and programs on various websites and news outlets and research various media outlets to post to as well
- Keep an eye out for local causes in which OBAT Canada can participate
- Monitor and suggest PR responses to policies and political happenings that influence the work of OBAT Canada
- Pursuing or completed Bachelor degree or above
- Must have above average communication skills in both spoken and written word
- Able to work with a variety of different people
- Confident, quick thinker, team player, quick learner
- Knowledge and experience in public relations (preferred)
- Experience in various types of social media including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, blogs, etc.
- Experience in Microsoft Office, especially Word
- Will report to Executive Director and President
Come be a vital part of this development organization right here in your home turf. This is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience in the nonprofit, humanitarian and international development sector. Work can be done remotely. The time commitment and length of involvement are negotiable. The internship is unpaid.
Please submit a one-page writing sample and two professional or academic references when applying for this position.